Thursday, September 4, 2014

Puddles at Sipadan...

... and she stayed there for good.

Not long ago, Puddles and I finally went to Mabul and Sipadan, one of the top ten dive sites in the world. Man, did we have a fantastic time! Visibility was good on our second last dive of the trip, and I was just checking out the deep at the surface as I wait for others to join me. While looking around, I saw hubba fiddling into his pocket and something dropped out. I really couldn't tell what it was at first as I was more than 8 metres away. I squint through my mask... and there I saw Puddles, spinning quickly into the deep blue. I couldn't have reached it, I was too far, she was too fast. And then and there, I knew that that was our moment. I lost her. But I was very glad I lost her to the sea. And I knew she will enjoy it as much as I do. Furthermore live there for good. And I was very thankful that we had our moment of goodbye. No one shared that moment with us. It was between Puddles and I. How bittersweet.

Have a good life Puddles. Say hello to Mr giant squid, plesiosaurs, thalassomedon, and all the other lovely monsters of the deep. Send them my way in the form of dreams. Tell me that you've met them and that they really do exist.
    

No comments: